To Find out more about our church have a look at What Kind of Church is This? Or look at our core beliefs below:
At the core of who we are at Woodruff Road Christian Church is the understanding that we are called to Love God, share Jesus, and serve man. This mission statement reminds us of those words from Jesus in Mark 12:28 that the greatest commandment ever given is to love God and love others. While that is our mission and calling, it is an outgrowth of some of the beliefs that we hold to be essential. The following is what we believe:
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative word of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was God’s one and only Son. He was both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary. We believe that He was crucified, buried, rose again from the dead, and that He ascended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father. Someday, He will return to earth and will judge both the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, Who is an active and operative part of the Trinity and Who indwells every Christian to provide comfort and spiritual discernment.
- We believe that the Bible teaches that everyone has willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the only terms of salvation that we may proclaim are those expressed in the New Testament: salvation is achieved only by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ and that we receive God’s grace by putting our faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing Christ before others, and being baptized by immersion in water for the forgiveness of sins and for the gift of the Holy Spirit.